Read pages 1-5 of the case study, “Statins Stat!” (see attached pdf below), and answer the following questions.1. Why are high density lipoproteins (HDLs) considered the “good cholesterol”? In your answer explain specifically what HDLs do that cause it to be considered the “good cholesterol”.
2. Why are low density lipoproteins (LDLs) considered the “bad cholesterol”? In your answer explain specifically what LDLs do that cause it to be considered the “bad cholesterol”.
3. What is the role of the phospholipid monolayer at the outer surface of lipoprotein particles? (Question 1 of case study)
4. Why are cholesterol, cholesteryl esters, and triglycerides preferentially contained inside lipoprotein particles? (Question 2 of case study)
5. What are the two sources of cholesterol in the human body?
6. What is a “committed step” in a biochemical pathway? (Question 3 of case study)
7. Looking at Figure 4 of case study (the reaction pathway from acetyl-CoA), which enzyme is likely to be the target of the statin mevastatin? (Question 6 of case study)
8. What are four (4) ways that HDL levels can be increased in the body?
9. What type of inhibitor (non-competitive OR competitive) are statins with respect to HMG-CoA reductase enzyme activity? Explain why.
10. How were cholesterol-lowering statin drugs first discovered?
You will earn 10 pts for correctly answering each question (total points earned is 100). You may use the Internet and/or your textbook to assist you, but please DO NOT copy your answers directly from the Internet or textbook.
Outstanding Academic Writing Service
At MyMasterPapers.com, you are assured of professional essay writing help from the leading experts online. Quality comes at the forefront of our custom writing service to ensure that all our customers are satisfied with the work delivered. We value repeat customers. For this reason, we ensure that each task is completed to perfection for high scores.
Our hiring process is highly intensive. The writers are exposed to a strict selection procedure before hiring to ensure that we acquire the most qualified, well-educated and experienced writers. Our team of writers, professors, editors and researchers will ensure that you get incredible results.
We highly discourage plagiarism. For this reason, we have trained our writers in such a way that all the papers are written from scratch and are free from plagiarism. We also pay attention to ensure that each paper is completed as per the instructions provided. Referencing and citations are done as per the paper format selected by the customer. These include: APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, Turabian among others.
24/7 Customer Support
You can contact our support team via the chat window at the bottom right corner. Alternatively, feel free to email us via our support email: email@example.com. Our team is available 24/7 to respond to your queries and guide you though where need be.
Swift Delivery & 100% Money Back Guarantee
Simply choose the desired deadline when placing the order. The task is assigned to the most qualified writer as soon as the order is successfully placed. All the papers are delivered to you within the deadline selected. In case a paper cannot be delivered within the deadline selected, we request for a deadline extension within the shortest time possible.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our customers can always request for a revision in case they feel that something needs to be added or changed after the final paper has been delivered. We do not charge for revisions. However, we highly discourage our customers from misusing this policy.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Mymasterpapers.com specializes in custom essay writing for all level of students. Simply relax as we get your paper done within the timeline indicated.
Our team of skilled writers and researchers is readily available to get any type of academic paper completed. We deliver high quality papers and projects to our customers to ensure that we maintain a long-term relationship that will shine your academic career.
Admission Essays & Professional Writing
An admission essay allows you to express yourself by providing personal details that wouldn’t have fit on other areas of an application. We have a team of experienced writers who will get you to the desired academic level through a professional and a personalized admission essay.
Editing & proofreading
Are you seeking for editing or proofreading help? We have a team of editors who will ensure that any issue within you paper has been addressed. Upload the paper to be cleaned up and relax as we get the job done.
At mymasterpapers.com, you can always ask for revision in case you want some changes in you paper. We focus on ensuring that the grammar, research and formatting are done as per the latest academic writing standards.