Based on the assigned reading, answer all the following questions in your own words. Please make sure you write in complete sentences, and your answers are written clearly enough to be understood. If you do not understand one of the concepts, discuss what is unclear to you. All of your answers, together, must make up 150 words or more for you to earn credit.
1. What do we mean when we say sociology is a social science?
2. What are the different stages of the sociological research process?
3. What are the characteristics sociological research that help us to better understand our social world?
4. What is a hypothesis?
5. Define variable? Identify the difference between an independent and dependent variable?
6. What are the different types of research methods? How do scientist determine the best method to use for each study?
7. What are the ethical standards that a social scientist must adhere to?