Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Demonstrate the concept of operations functions, supply chain strategy and issues required for a new production design.
- Exhibit the factors to determine the production and service processes.
- Demonstrate process-flow analysis, process design solutions, operations strategies in the business operation.
- Exhibit effective leadership skills and teamwork capacity in making decisions, re location and layout strategies, taking cognizance of human resources and work methods/job design
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 10)
- Describe the nature of operations management in the following organizations. In doing this:
- Describe the operation process of the production system ( input, transformation and output).
- Identify operations decisions (process, quality, capacity, inventory and supply chain).
- A Plastic manufacturing
- An external accountant office
(Marks 8) (word count maximum:500)
- Take a tour of the Woodart factory answer the following questions:
- Describe the process used? (Marks 1)
- What alternative process can be used in Woodart factory? (Marks 1) (word count maximum: 100)