BIO/101: Principles Of Biology
Complete the Population Genetics Worksheet.
- Visit https://sepuplhs.org/high/sgi/teachers/evolution_act11_sim.html
- Click “Next”
- Select the following characteristics of your choice for Bird 1: Plumage, Body Size, Beak.
- Click “Next Bird”
- Repeat for Birds 2 and 3.
- Click “Next”.
- Read the text and Click “Continue”.
- Read the text and respond to the question:
|Of those that you selected, how fit do you think each phenotype is in the current environment?
- Click “Continue”
- Read the text and click “Close”
- Click “Start”
- The simulation will run and then stop at strategic intervals to tell you new information. Each time it stops, read the text, make any observations, and then click “Resume”.
- Repeat until you reach the end of the simulation (500,000 years passed).
- Click “Continue”.
- Observe the information and read the text. Answer the following questions:
|Were your ideas about the fitness of each phenotype you selected correct? Explain.
- If you would like, you may continue the simulation. However, you may now end the simulation if you choose.
- Consider your readings from this week about Evolution and Population of species.
|How do your observations relate to the readings from this week?