1. What performance problem motivates peer-to-peer communication?
2. Once a socket is created, how does an application reference the socket?
3. Name two operating systems that offer the socket API.
4. Give a typical sequence of socket calls used by a client and a typical sequence used by a server.
1. What are the main functions in the socket API?
2. Does a client ever use bind? Explain.
3. To what socket functions do read and write correspond?
4. Is sendto used with a stream or message paradigm?