The Federal Reserve System is also known as The Fed. Many people don’t realize the importance and power of the Federal Reserve. It was created to provide the nation with a safer, more flexible, and more stable monetary and financial system. The Fed plays an integral role in the United States’ government and economy.
Task #1 – Federal Reserve Video
1. Watch the video found at this link: The Federal Reserve In Plain English
2. As you watch complete the questions on the “Federal Reserve” document.
Task #2 – Create a PowerPoint, Google Slide, Prezi, etc. with the information from Task 2 & 3.
Chairman of the Federal Reserve
The Chairman of the Fed is the head of the central banking system of the United States and one of the most important decision-makers in American economic policies:
• How does the Chairman become appointed?
• What is his term of office?
• What are his responsibilities?
• Who is Jerome Powell? Why is he important?
• How important is the position of Chairman of the Federal Reserve?
Use the links below to help find your answers: