Trait, Skills, and Behavioral Approaches to Leadership
For this assignment, you are asked to determine your own personal leadership style. Start by taking the self-assessment from the MindTools website: (https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/leadership-style-quiz.htm). Next, complete the required Goleman reading. Develop an understanding of your leadership style.
Goleman, D. (2000, March-April). Leadership that gets results. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from http://www.enterprisingminds.ca/download/leadershi…
Based on your experiences, current readings, work experience, education, and use of self-assessment instruments, describe what you think your personal leadership styles are. Include the following in your response:
- Develop an understanding of your leadership style(s).
- What is/are your style(s) and give an example of when you have applied your leadership style(s)?
- In what ways will this/these style(s) help you achieve your goals?
- Evaluate yourself relative to emotional intelligence (Goleman article) and explain how you will expand your emotional intelligence.
- What areas of leadership styles may be shortcomings and how will you improve your leadership?
- Write an essay that includes an introduction paragraph, the essay’s body, and a conclusion paragraph to address the assignment’s guide questions. Do not address the questions using a question-and-answer format.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, which does not include the title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with 5 resources.