The Capstone Project is designed to enhance your research proficiency and your skills at writing a persuasive, informative paper that adheres to APA standards. You get to select the controversial topic. A list is included to prompt your thinking, however, you may choose another issue with the permission of your instructor.
Possible topics include Homelessness, Age Discrimination, Sex Discrimination, Affirmative Action, Abortion, AIDS/HIV Treatment and Programs, Elder Abuse, Child Abuse, Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs, Hunger in America, Veteran’s Benefits, Immigration, Human Trafficking, Welfare Reform, Entitlement Programs.
- Download and review the Euthanasia Presentation.
- Write a 2 page paper describing both sides of a controversial issue. Include your own opinion and support it with scripture, facts and figures and a reason for your adherence to this point of view.
- To achieve maximum points for content and analysis, the following elements need to be thoroughly addressed:
- Define the issue
- Quantify the issue, for instance, how many abortions were performed in the United States last year?
- Describe the positions of the opposing sides
- Elaborate on your own position. What led you to believe as you do?
- Use scripture to support your position. If possible, cite scriptures that someone who disagrees with you might use.