Select a well-known personality—judge, lawyer, correctional administrator, or police chief—in criminal justice and talk about this person’s leadership style in relation to the leadership theories discussed in your book.
Answer the following questions in an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation:
- Which of the following theories is most suitable for describing this leader’s behavior?
- Situational leadership
- Multiple linkage model
- Cognitive resource theory
- Support your choice with reasons and explain why the other theories are not suitable.
- How can the leadership substitute’s theory be applied to explain the situational variables for this leader?
- Do you think the path-goal theory explains the strategies of influence used by this leader? Why?
- Did this leader receive too much credit for the agency’s success, or do you believe that he or she could have been successful despite the subordinates? Why?