1. What are the motivations for data communications?
2. What three disciplines are involved in data communications?
3. Which piece of a data communications system handles analog input?
4. Which piece of a data communications system prevents transmission errors from corrupting data?
1. What are the conceptual pieces of a data communications system?
2. Name a common household device that emits an aperiodic signal.
3. Give three examples of information sources other than computers.
4. State and describe the four fundamental characteristics of a sine wave.