Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Assess the value of healthcare professionals and decision makers understanding the
discipline of health economics.
2. Defend or critique the importance of considering the complex nature of health and
healthcare when examining the economic principles related to healthcare delivery.
3. Analyze the primary potential benefits of learning about health economics related to
government involvement in healthcare economics, financing, and delivery.
4. Analyze the main potential benefits of learning about health economics related to
private sector government involvement in healthcare economics, financing, and
5. Use at least five (5) current references. Three of these references must be from
current peer-reviewed sources to support and substantiate your comments and
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific
format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the
professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference
page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Explain how selected economic principles apply to the health care market and the
provisions of health care services.
Analyze the factors that are influencing the demand and supply of health care services
in the U.S.
Assess current economic trends that influence the cost, quality, and access to care.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in health economics.
Write clearly and concisely about health economics using proper writing mechanics.