1. What term is used to describe the metadata that accompanies a packet?
2. How does a computer attached to a shared LAN decide whether to accept a packet?
3. Why is framing used?
4. Why is byte stuffing needed?
1. Where is a load balancer used?
2. Explain how content caching permits the Internet to scale.
3. In addition to permitting scaling, server virtualization may also allow a site to save energy during times when the load is low (e.g., on a weekend). Explain how.
4. A web site with N physical servers may not be able to process N times as many requests per second because shared resources can impose a bottleneck. Name two resources that are shared.