Problem 2 (10 pts)
Identify two computer security control measures on your computer(s). Which of the three properties Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability do they aim at providing? Problem 3 (15 pts) Find a recent (2019 or 2021) computer security incident that has been reported in the media, and analyze the incident. You analysis should cover the following aspects:
• What was the main vulnerability that was exploited?
• What security principles were violated?
• What could have been done to prevent the incident.Problem 7 (15 pts) Read the following paper and then answer the following questions: Ross Anderson: Why Cryptosystems Fail. (Available from the resources page.)
• What are the two major reasons of the failures of cryptosystems in the paper? Give an example of each one of them (from the paper).
• What are the four lessons learnt by banking equipment vendors?
What were the three main actions suggested to tackle those banking problems.