The Australian Government currently has several free trade agreements (FTAs) and is in the process of negotiating more. These agreements have many benefits but there may also be costs associated with them.
Create a research report analysing the costs and benefits of a potential free trade agreement with the European union or the United Kingdom. Evaluate which industries or products Australia may wish to exclude from this agreement to protect domestic
industries. Analyse other current FTA’s such as CHAFTA to inform this evaluation.
To complete this task, you must:
● refer to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website for free trade agreements under negotiation
● demonstrate comprehension of economic concepts, principles and models relevant to trade agreements within the report
● select data and economic information from sources, and include a reference list and citations
● analyse one free trade agreement
● analyse patterns and trends in trade agreements
● evaluate impacts on domestic industries using criteria
● make a justified conclusion regarding exclusions from the FTA
● format the research report appropriately, including a cover page, headings and subheadings.
Your main source should be the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website (AUS)