You will need sufficient storage space on your computer to install the
software required for this assignment. You will also need administrator
privilege rights in order to install and configure the software. It is
recommended you NOT attempt installing this one any computer not
belonging to you personally.
1. Download the Oracle Virtual Box from this URL:
2. Download the DamnSmall Linux operating system software from this
3. Download the TinyCore Linux operating system software from this URL:
4. Install the Oracle Virtual Box software and create a base configuration.
Watch this video on how to install:
5. Next install the first guest operating system using this video as a guide:
6. Now install the second guest operating systems using this video as a
7. Take a screen shot of your desktop with the two guest systems
installed and ready to start. Add this to your report.
8. Start the Damnsmall Linux system and allow it to boot until the GUI
appears. Take a screen shot of the DamnSmall GUI once it’s loaded.
9. Start the TinyCore Linux system and allow it to boot until the GUI
appears. Take a screen shot of the TinyCore GUI once it’s loaded.
10. Overlap the two GUIs within the VirtualBox window and then take a
screen shot of all three running at same time on your desktop.
11. Navigate around each Linux system demonstrating the apps that came
with the system. Try launch a browser in each window. Can you
connect to the Internet?
12. Write a brief reflection page describing the experience and highlight the
advantages of using a virtualized environment for running multiple