Introduction and Alignment
This workshop focuses on clinical practice issues involving consumer/client safety that have the potential to negatively impact client and organizational outcomes. Understanding the interaction of biopsychosocial aspects that the client brings into the therapeutic relationship and staff and organizational influences can provide insights to guide effective care planning and advocacy activities.
Upon completion of this assignment, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast characteristics of the client, healthcare provider, and healthcare organization that contribute to positive and negative client safety outcomes.
- Discuss strategies to minimize healthcare-associated risk or harm to the client (consumer) that incorporates client preferences and strengths, and healthcare provider factors.
- Formulate a plan to maintain a practice environment that emphasizes client safety in diverse mental healthcare settings.
- Prepare a 1-2 page paper that reflects the readings for this week.
- The paper should include the following:
- Characteristics of the provider and organization that lead to both positive and negative patient safety outcomes.
- Develop a plan/discuss strategies that will allow for positive interactions with patients and provides patient safety in diverse mental health care settings.
- When you’ve completed your paper save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox by the end of the workshop.