Review the current https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/slipopinion/19 and select a case that deals with an issue of civil liberties or civil rights. Draft a majority opinion for that case, making sure you reference related cases mentioned in your text.
- Recognize the rise of civil liberties.
- Explain the how judicial review shapes civil liberties and civil rights.
Grading Rubric: Review the rubric (Links to an external site.)for information on how this assignment will be scored.
Tips for success:
- To submit an assignment, click the Submit Assignment button to submit your work. Make sure to type directly into the text box- no attachments.
- Review the assignment grading rubric (Links to an external site.)to ensure full credit.
- Please select a court case that is no more than a year old.
- While the time for completion will vary from person to person, please allow approximately 45 minutes to complete.
- I recommend composing your content offline in a text editor and then copy and paste the text into your reply post. If something happens you will have an offline copy of all of your hard work!
- I highly recommend using Google Docs (Drive) to compose offline, as Google plays well with web-based forums. If you are using Microsoft Word to compose offline, you may need to do some editing to the format when you paste it into the reply.