This is for my veterinary management course. The purpose is to research and identify veterinary softwares. There is a series of questions that need to be answered.
4 pages / 1100 words
PAPER 1: VETERINARY COMPUTER SOFTWARE More veterinary clinics and hospitals are now using computers for day-to-day operations, and computer software companies are continuously developing and upgrading programs for use in veterinary medicine. Knowledge of computers and computer software is becoming necessary for all hospital staff: the receptionists, hospital and office managers, the veterinarians, vet technicians, assistants, and kennel workers. Computers and specialized veterinary management software can improve efficiency by keeping up with inventory, printing labels and certificates, performing accounting, storing patient files, and so on.
You’ll research three (3) different brands of veterinary management software. Compare and contrast these brands and write a research paper that includes, but isn’t limited to, the following information:
- Names of the three brands of software that you’ve chosen and a brief description of each of them
- Information about the companies who make the software
- Pros and cons of each software package—What does each program do or not do?
- How are technical support issues handled?
- Discuss what kind of contingency plan each company has to handle system failure/recovery
- Is installation of the server and other hardware provided?
- Are updates to software automatic, or do they need to be requested?
- Include office functions, like reminders, accounting, billing, inventory control, and so on
- Is the system able to import lab results directly from the laboratory into the medical record?
- If describing a cloud-based software system, you’re still required to provide all of the information above as it relates to the cloud-based system.
- Use a word processing program, like Word, Word Perfect, or Open Office. The research papers must be typewritten.
- Each title page should contain the following information: a. The Title: Veterinary Office Management Research Project
- Your name (Monica Pulido)
- Your student number (54216173)