In a Word document, respond (agree or disagree) to each of the following statements succinctly, but with detail.
- Sleep disorders come in two kinds, one related to sleep apnea and the other related to the failure to stay awake due to stress.
- The use of over-the-counter sleep aids should be encouraged over prescription sleep aids as they are safer and are not habit forming.
- Menopause has no impact on insomnia.
- As a backup to over-the-counter sleep aids, benzodiazepines are most useful and first line.
- Discuss best practice for insomnia assessment.
Use the appropriate APA formatting as listed in the syllabus.
- Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2015). Kaplan and Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 16 Normal Sleep and Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Rhodes, J., & Murphy, P. J. M. (Eds.) (2015). Clinical consult to psychiatric nursing for advanced practice. New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
- Tusaie, K. R., & Fitzpatrick, J. J. (Eds.) (2013). Advanced practice psychiatric nursing: Integrating psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, and complementary and alternative approaches. New York, NY: Springer Publishing.